Collaboration through membership
For effective results - together!
The Global Food Regulatory Science Society or GFoRSS is a not-for-profit organization incorporated in Canada and hosted by the Food Risk Analysis and Regulatory Excellence Platform (PARERA), a joint endeavor of the Department of Food Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences and the Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods (INAF) of the Université Laval, Quebec, Canada.
We aim to promote the generation and dissemination of knowledge and competencies related to food regulatory sciences, that is, the sciences underpinning food regulatory decisions as a multi-disciplinary field of food science, including, but not limited to, the application of food risk analysis and associated disciplines, the development of food laws and the assessment of economic impacts of food regulatory measures.
Our mission is to promote the development of competencies, of know-how and knowledge including scientific and policy analysis, underpinning food regulatory decisions and in support of the development and implementation of food control systems.
Membership consists of:
- Current and former scientists and regulators from food regulatory agencies at any level of government: municipal, state / provincial, national and international, including international organizations.
- Current and former scientists of academic institutions, research institutes and service providers (certification or software and programming corporations) from around the world.
- Communities of members may be created (such as community of scientists from food regulatory agencies, or from academic centers etc.) to foster interaction and collaboration amongst one community but to also support exchange and interaction between communities in a structured and organized manner. Such communities may also be created on the basis of geography.
Two membership classes are being offered::
- Class A or Affiliated Membership.
- Class B or Non-Affiliated Membership.